About Me

My photo
Garden Grove, CA, United States
Computer Geek: Grandpa: Loves to cook: Dart thrower

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spaghetti Sauce

Today I made some spaghetti sauce for dinner and to have for other things later on.


I used 3 green bell peppers, 2 large onions, a few cloves of garlic. I rough chopped them and put them in my food processor and pulsed them until it was finely chopped, almost like a soup.


In my stock pot, I heated EVOO and cooked the "soup" with some kosher salt and pepper. After it cooked a few minutes I added a pound of hamburger and 6 Italian sausages. After the meat was cooked, I added some Italian seasoning and mushroom seasoning.


I then added 4 cups of chicken broth, a large can of tomato paste, 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, and  2 cans of tomato sauce. To this I added about an eight cup of sugar and a quarter cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Oh yeah, just a quarter stick of butter. I let it simmer for a couple of hours and I was ready for the rest of the dinner.


I made some garlic bread from my homemade sourdough bread and cooked some green beans. I cooked some pasta and ta-da, dinner is done.


I made enough sauce to put two meals worth in the freezer and another portion in the 'fridge for some lasagna, possibly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment