About Me

My photo
Garden Grove, CA, United States
Computer Geek: Grandpa: Loves to cook: Dart thrower

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Whooo Hoooo! The Pressure Cooker Started Working Again!

I took a chance with using my pressure cooker, ready to go to fall-back if necessary.
I browned 6 boneless skinless thighs in EVOO and unsalted butter, of course seasoning both sides with BSS.


I removed the thighs, browning them in batches, then added chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic with S&P. After the onions became translucent, I added 2 cups of rice. Stirred well to make sure the rice was coated then added 4 cups of chicken stock. I put the thighs back on top of the rice then locked the lid in place. I set the cooker for 25 minutes and hoped for the best. I was so happy to see the timer goto 24 after the pressure was up!




And this is what came out after the pressure was released after the cooker went "beep, beep, beep". Chicken and rice, it is so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment