About Me

My photo
Garden Grove, CA, United States
Computer Geek: Grandpa: Loves to cook: Dart thrower

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday Dinner 2-21-11


Lynda wanted more catfish but I wanted different sides. I went with cheesy grits and asparagus.
I took these shallots and garlic cloves and minced the heck out of them.
I like the Pampered Chef chopper, makes quick work of this task.

Unsalted butter in a pan and get it hot.
Cook the shallots and garlic for a bit then add.....

I container (4 cups) of chicken stock. Bring to a boil then add 1 cup of grits. Cook the grits like you normally would and after they have cooked, add a cup to a cup and a half of grated cheese. I use cheddar/jack mix. I added some mozzarella also and it was OK.

For the Asparagus I trimmed them and then placed in a microwave heat and steam bag. I cooked them for 2 and a half minutes on high. In a pan I added EVOO and sliced garlic. When the garlic just started to wilt, I added the asparagus and salt and pepper. Keeping the pan moving I toasted the garlic while finishing the asparagus.

Another sucessful dinner in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment